bioMérieux – 2016 Financial Results01 Mart, 2017
- Remarkable growth in sales in 2016, up 9.6% at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation:
- €2,103 million in sales
- Up 7.1% as reported
- Contributive operating income before non-recurring items:
- €298 million, or 14.2% of sales
- Up 14.5%
- Earnings per share up 62% year-on-year
- 2017 objectives:
- Organic growth in sales of between 8% and 9%
- Contributive operating income before non-recurring items of between €300 million and €315 million, including an expected negative currency impact of about €30 million
Jean-Luc Belingard, Chairman, said: "bioMérieux delivered a solid performance in 2016. The vigorous growth in our sales and operating income attests to the success of our strategy, especially in North America and in molecular biology. Our fundamentals, which combine a long-term entrepreneurial strategy, a portfolio of businesses focused on infectious diseases, continuing investment in innovation and disciplined operational management, are vital strengths in a fast-changing medical world. On this basis, buoyed by the commitment of Alexandre Mérieux and backed by the expertise and dedication of our teams, we will continue to invest in our future in 2017 to best serve our customers, patients and public health mission."
Alexandre Mérieux, Chief Executive Officer, said: "In 2017, bioMérieux aims to sustain the momentum enjoyed in 2016. Initiatives to improve our operating performance are beginning to pay off, but could be offset by foreign exchange volatility which is likely to weigh more heavily on results. Ideally positioned to meet public health challenges relating to infectious diseases, bioMérieux will step up its research and innovation spending to sharpen its strategic focus on molecular biology and clinical and industrial microbiology, providing a solid foundation for the Group's expansion going forward."